snowgage

snowgage

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • United States

Good Morning,

I am working on an analysis looking at land type throughout some different regions (52 total).

I have a raster of landcover types and I've determined a few long ways to do this analysis.

I could easily clip the raster to the bounds of all 52 regions and then summarize each clipped raster.

Ideally I'd like to do this in one fell swoop and produce a table that had the regional ID as the row and column headings that represented the landcover values. I've been trying to use Hawths tools thematic raster summary but it does not work with ARCGIS 10.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can streamline this analysis.

thanks in advance,

Josh

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,312 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

Do this - rasterize the polygons with the same extent and cellsize as the land cover classes - with the OIDs as the grid value. Then run the combine function to create a new raster, with the two rasters as inputs.

What you get then is an attribute table with the land cover classes and the OIDs and the count of cells in each combination.
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

Bryan Swindell

Bryan Swindell

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • United States

Hey Josh,

You might also try the 'Zonal Statistics' and 'Zonal Statistics as Table' tools in ArcToolbox, filed under Spatial Analyst Tools > Zonal. I'm not sure what the output tables would look like, but it might be worth a test run.

Gretchen Peterson

Gretchen Peterson

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • United States

Hey Josh,

You might also try the 'Zonal Statistics' and 'Zonal Statistics as Table' tools in ArcToolbox, filed under Spatial Analyst Tools > Zonal. I'm not sure what the output tables would look like, but it might be worth a test run.

Yes, Bryan is right on. If you are using ArcGIS then the zonal statistics as table is what you want to use! Easy as pie.

snowgage

snowgage

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • United States

Thanks for all the great advice! I ended up rasterizing my polygons with the new raster values = to polygon-OID. I worked with zonal stats a little bit although it did not quite give me a the data I was looking for.

cheers,

josh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->