• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

wookie

wookie

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • United Kingdom

Hey,

I'm having real trouble trying to find raster or vector geology data for Turkey (just classes like limestone, marl etc.). Obviously I've tried MTA, either they haven't digitised their geology data, or they're not prepared to give it out to people (although they do sell paper maps). Does anyone know of another avenue to try? Ideally I'm looking for 1:100 000 scale / 1km res but this may be pushing it somewhat!

I've also tried USGS that has geologic age data, but not bedrock geology seemingly,

Thanks for any help

david17tym

david17tym

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • United Kingdom

Hi Wookie (Star Wars fan?),
Try contacting Geopubs:
http://www.geopubs.co.uk/
They have 1:500k sheets revised in 2000 (£35 each)
Give them a call, they may have something more detailed.
Dave

wookie

wookie

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • United Kingdom

Hi Wookie (Star Wars fan?),
Try contacting Geopubs:
http://www.geopubs.co.uk/
They have 1:500k sheets revised in 2000 (£35 each)
Give them a call, they may have something more detailed.
Dave

Hi - I have looked at Geopubs yes. They have a good range of maps, but the problem is I need it for GIS analysis. I don't have time to digitise the whole thing, so I would prefer shapefiles / rasters as opposed to jps or paper maps. Thanks anyway...

Kalai Selvan

Kalai Selvan

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:Map Making & Map making
  • India

WookieContact me at personal email id, i shall help you personally in creating those maps for you.

c_cnxnatyahoodotcodotin

Hey,

I'm having real trouble trying to find raster or vector geology data for Turkey (just classes like limestone, marl etc.). Obviously I've tried MTA, either they haven't digitised their geology data, or they're not prepared to give it out to people (although they do sell paper maps). Does anyone know of another avenue to try? Ideally I'm looking for 1:100 000 scale / 1km res but this may be pushing it somewhat!

I've also tried USGS that has geologic age data, but not bedrock geology seemingly,

Thanks for any help

Thanks and Regards
Kalai Selvan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->