2 replies to this topic

The Mad Mapper

The Mad Mapper

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Canada

Hello Fellow Mappers!

I have a mostly carto type job in GIS. I have been at it for a little over a year. I am now at a point where I want to increase my efficiency.

One thing that I would like to get better at is managing my styles. I use the Style Manager but am still pretty inneficient at it. I find that I always seem to have too many of my own styles in there, and am having a hard time organizing them.

I was wodering if anybody had any suggestions on reading materials/online tutorials that would be helpful.

Thanks a million!

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

First thing what software are you using?

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

François Goulet

François Goulet

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, History, Graphic Design and almost everything else...
  • Canada

Style Manager is an ArcMap thing...

There's nothing much more to do with the Style Manager than putting them that, but you could always create new style files (.style) and copy in them only the one you use on different type of projet or different clients, then only load the one or two you'd need.

That helps, to a certain degree...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->