Dennis McClendon

Dennis McClendon

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Interests:map design, large-scale maps of cities
  • United States

I'm working on a street mapping project where I'm lucky enough to have DOQQs from last year, so I'd like to put them as backgrounds in Illustrator so I can use them as reference to draw buildings, parks, etc. There are about two dozen DOQQs, and my PC doesn't seem up to the task of exporting them into a JPEG. There's some rotation, overlap, and reprojection issues that make it time-consuming to just place the raw DOQQs directly into Illustrator. So I'm looking for someone with a powerful ArcGIS setup. I'd send you the DOQQs and a MXD file (and a little money), and you'd send me back a huge JPEG that I could chop into a dozen tiles, and then place the tiles (by eye) in Illustrator.
Dennis McClendon, Chicago CartoGraphics
chicagocarto.com

graveldraw

graveldraw

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • United States

I can do this for you.

PM sent. If you don't get it let me know at childess. dan at gmail. com

Dan

I'm working on a street mapping project where I'm lucky enough to have DOQQs from last year, so I'd like to put them as backgrounds in Illustrator so I can use them as reference to draw buildings, parks, etc. There are about two dozen DOQQs, and my PC doesn't seem up to the task of exporting them into a JPEG. There's some rotation, overlap, and reprojection issues that make it time-consuming to just place the raw DOQQs directly into Illustrator. So I'm looking for someone with a powerful ArcGIS setup. I'd send you the DOQQs and a MXD file (and a little money), and you'd send me back a huge JPEG that I could chop into a dozen tiles, and then place the tiles (by eye) in Illustrator.

l.jegou

l.jegou

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Webmapping, thematical mapping.
  • France

Hello, there is a script here (in PHP) that slices a big GeoTiff into smaller tiles, using the GDAL tools :

http://www.itopen.it...h-php-and-gdal/

GDAL can convert raster formats too.

Nick H

Nick H

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • United Kingdom

GDAL can convert raster formats too.

It can:

gdal_translate -of JPG infile.sid outfile.jpg -co WORLDFILE=YES

will convert a MrSid file to a JPG. It's nippy too. Speak nicely to Hans and he might put this into a batch file that will convert a directory full of SIDs :rolleyes: .

Added later: Oops! should have been:

gdal_translate -of JPEG infile.sid outfile.jpg -co WORLDFILE=YES

Regards, N.
Caversham, Reading, England.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->