Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Canada
Position
GIS Analyst / Cartographer (Contract)

Job Type
Part-time (50% FTE). Duration: August 23 – December 17, 2010.

To Apply
Send resume and cover letter by email to: Peter Gozdyra (gozdyrap@smh.toronto.on.ca) by August 15, 2010.

Company Information
Centre for Research on Inner City Health, St. Michael’s Hospital, Toronto, ON.
70 Richmond Street East, Fourth Floor, Toronto, Ontario, M5C 1N8, Canada

Website
http://www.stmichael...ital.com/crich/

Job Description
The GIS Analyst / Cartographer will assist the Medical Geographer in geo-referencing attribute data to existing vector format spatial files and in creating thematic maps according to predefined atlas templates. The process involves initial data manipulation and mapping in ArcGIS 9.3 and then exporting thematic layers and finishing maps in Adobe Illustrator CS2. Applicant will also be responsible for creating, cleaning and maintaining additional data sets as need arises. This job involves working with a team of several people and maintaining relevant communications with team members and the client of the atlas.

Qualifications
Close-to-finished or completed BA or college degree in geography, GIS, urban planning or cartography and at least 1 year of experience in GIS analyses or cartography. Applicant must have a strong knowledge of and working experience with ArcGIS package (9.1 or later) and a good working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, or equivalent graphic packages (i.e. Corel Draw). Applicant must be able to work independently and to handle tight deadlines. Knowledge of MapInfo, Arc Workstation, ArcGIS Network Analyst Extension and MAPublisher is an asset. Knowledge of small area census data and spatial applications in public health is an asset.

General Employment Requirements
Applications must specifically address each of the minimum qualifications, directly showing how each is met.

Compensation
TBD - commensurate with experience.

Cartalan

Cartalan

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • No Country Selected

Hello Pyzdra,

I know this post is a couple of months old now, but I was wondering if you were still looking for a person to fill this position or if you might require someone for 2011. I am completing my BA in Geographic Analysis in December and was looking for a part time job in the medical field before doing a Masters in Health Informatics. I have experience as an analyst for York Region in the Applied Mapping and Analytics division with my key project being that of developing the entire region's base map templates. I was the Project Manager for a consulting firm that worked with Halton Health Care Services in mapping patient referral patterns . I have extentsive knowledge of Arcmap 9.3.x and currently I am working part time with Ryerson University developing and updating geo-spatial resources as well as setting up the new university Health Informatics portal. I have experience working with Adobe Dream Weaver, MapInfo, VBA programming and have worked extensively with census data at the DA and CT level. I also have taken Health Geography courses which is where I want to focus my career efforts.

I realize that there is potientally nothing availiable, however if should something arise I would be happy to assist in any projects you may have.

Thanks,

Alan

Position
GIS Analyst / Cartographer (Contract)

Job Type
Part-time (50% FTE). Duration: August 23 – December 17, 2010.

To Apply
Send resume and cover letter by email to: Peter Gozdyra (gozdyrap@smh.toronto.on.ca) by August 15, 2010.

Company Information
Centre for Research on Inner City Health, St. Michael’s Hospital, Toronto, ON.
70 Richmond Street East, Fourth Floor, Toronto, Ontario, M5C 1N8, Canada

Website
http://www.stmichael...ital.com/crich/

Job Description
The GIS Analyst / Cartographer will assist the Medical Geographer in geo-referencing attribute data to existing vector format spatial files and in creating thematic maps according to predefined atlas templates. The process involves initial data manipulation and mapping in ArcGIS 9.3 and then exporting thematic layers and finishing maps in Adobe Illustrator CS2. Applicant will also be responsible for creating, cleaning and maintaining additional data sets as need arises. This job involves working with a team of several people and maintaining relevant communications with team members and the client of the atlas.

Qualifications
Close-to-finished or completed BA or college degree in geography, GIS, urban planning or cartography and at least 1 year of experience in GIS analyses or cartography. Applicant must have a strong knowledge of and working experience with ArcGIS package (9.1 or later) and a good working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, or equivalent graphic packages (i.e. Corel Draw). Applicant must be able to work independently and to handle tight deadlines. Knowledge of MapInfo, Arc Workstation, ArcGIS Network Analyst Extension and MAPublisher is an asset. Knowledge of small area census data and spatial applications in public health is an asset.

General Employment Requirements
Applications must specifically address each of the minimum qualifications, directly showing how each is met.

Compensation
TBD - commensurate with experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->