• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

BMFD

BMFD

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Portugal

Hi everyone

Does anyone knows if it is possible to connect pdf files to arcgis?
Explaining: i´d like to put a pdf file in every polign of a shape file, then when clicking info (i) botton it opens the pdf file, is that possible? I know that is possible to link a video or even a html address, but could that be possible to a pdf file?

Best regards

Crischan

Crischan

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:Spatial Information Design
  • Germany

You'll need to use the Hyperlink tool (the yellow flash) after setting the hyperlink property of the layer in the Display section.
An attribute in the form "c:\data\mypdf.pdf" will work just perfectly given there is an application set for opening PDFs (or any filetype found in the attribute) and using the "document" type link.
"URL" like links ("file://c:\data\mypdf.pdf") work too but open the browser (with the adobe reader plugin if installed) for display.

Cheers, C
Crischan Wygoda
http://wygoda.net

BMFD

BMFD

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Portugal

You'll need to use the Hyperlink tool (the yellow flash) after setting the hyperlink property of the layer in the Display section.
An attribute in the form "c:\data\mypdf.pdf" will work just perfectly given there is an application set for opening PDFs (or any filetype found in the attribute) and using the "document" type link.
"URL" like links ("file://c:\data\mypdf.pdf") work too but open the browser (with the adobe reader plugin if installed) for display.

Cheers, C

Thanks for your help. Could you give me more information about it? I try to do that, but it seems that doesn´t work. Am i missing something? Sould i have to put another field in Attribute Table?

Thanks again

Crischan

Crischan

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Germany

You need a attribute field containg the path to your document, see attachment one.
Then you need to set up your layer as in attachment two.

That should do the trick.

Attached Files

• Attached File  attr.jpg   118.16KB   87 downloads
  • Attached File  prop.jpg   40.7KB   82 downloads

Crischan Wygoda

BMFD

BMFD

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Portugal

You need a attribute field containg the path to your document, see attachment one.
Then you need to set up your layer as in attachment two.

That should do the trick.

Awesome :) Thank you so much :)

Tell me another thing please if you know, can the link be automatically? By click identify, can it appears (pdf) automatically? Without showing the identify window?

Edited by BMFD, 14 July 2010 - 11:23 AM.

Crischan

Crischan

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Germany

To open the link directly, use the link tool (the yellow flash in the standard toolbar).

Cheers,
C

Attached Files

Crischan Wygoda

BMFD

BMFD

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Portugal

To open the link directly, use the link tool (the yellow flash in the standard toolbar).

Cheers,
C

Thank you so much once again :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->