• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Jan Helebrant

Jan Helebrant

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:GIS, open-source, graphics (both 2D and 3D), multimedia, taking photos
  • Czech Republic

Hi,
my colleagues use for many years for some measurements testing polygon with standard XY Cartesian coordinates. Currently we upgraded and improved some of our measuring procedures and need to use them together with meteorological data and so we need to georeference the points.

I used Google satellite image georeferenced to WGS84 UTM Zone 33N and manually calibrated the points. However, sometimes they add new points and I came to idea that it should not be so much difficult to create custom CRS to make the conversion between cartesian and geographic coordinates much easier.

First I thought about some template with functions in OOo Calc, but custom CRS in QGIS would be better. Is it possible? I attached schema of our CRS - we also use meters as in WGS84 UTM Zone 33N and this CRS would be only for max. few kilometers area. There is also shift as the Cartesian point 0;0 has geographic coordinates like 427390.75;5497624.76.

Is there any tutorial how to specify the CRS (the shift and rotation etc.)?

PS: I posted this also to QGIS forum, but I hope, that there are more people able to help me

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->