TomR

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Member of Society for Conservation GIS
  • United States

All,

I found some brief mention of precipitation data on this forum, but no information about exactly what I am looking for. I am seeking fairly high-res (270 to 90 meter pixel size) isohyet, for example, precipitation data for the Pacific Northwest. Vector format would work as well as raster, as long as it has the resolution I require.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Tom

dsl

dsl

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • United States

I don't know if this helps, but here is a link to climate data in grid formats for the world. The precipitation data are averages taken over a long period (the methods section is pretty detailed). From that, after you wait over night to download the massive file :D , you should be able to generate "contours."

Cheers,
David

Edit:
You might also check NOAA. This looked like there was potential.

TomR

TomR

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • United States

David- Thanks very much for your post. If others reply in the next few days, I will summarize sources for other data-seekers. Cheers! Tom

I don't know if this helps, but here is a link to climate data in grid formats for the world. The precipitation data are averages taken over a long period (the methods section is pretty detailed). From that, after you wait over night to download the massive file :D , you should be able to generate "contours."

Cheers,
David

Edit:
You might also check NOAA. This looked like there was potential.

Geographic Techniques

Geographic Techniques

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • United States

All,

I found some brief mention of precipitation data on this forum, but no information about exactly what I am looking for. I am seeking fairly high-res (270 to 90 meter pixel size) isohyet, for example, precipitation data for the Pacific Northwest. Vector format would work as well as raster, as long as it has the resolution I require.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Tom

Tom,

You might try this site:

PRISM Climate Group

Doug
Douglas Norgord, Geographic Techniques
www.geotechmap.com

TomR

TomR

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • United States

All-

In summary, this is the only relatively high-res (800-meter pixel size) data source I have located for this application. Thanks to Doug, and again to David, for their posts.
http://www.prism.ore.../...x&view=maps

Cheers,
Tom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->