Simmer

Simmer

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Trinidad and Tobago

Hi!

I have several GEOTiffs here with an alphachannel that I need to vectorize. I have to vectorize this alphachannel (usually 2 bit only!) somehow but can't find a nice tool to approach this (most preferrably to SHP). Given the fact that vectorizing a 2 bit image can't be that difficult I wonder if there is a simple solution to do this.

Bests,
Sascha

kay

kay

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Canada

Hi!

I have several GEOTiffs here with an alphachannel that I need to vectorize. I have to vectorize this alphachannel (usually 2 bit only!) somehow but can't find a nice tool to approach this (most preferrably to SHP). Given the fact that vectorizing a 2 bit image can't be that difficult I wonder if there is a simple solution to do this.

Bests,
Sascha

Hi! Have you tried the "ArcScan"? You can find the tool bar from Tools > Customize, then select the "Toolbar" tab. You will see the option to show the "ArcScan". I hope ArcScan works with your image :)

Good luck!
Kay

Darren Cope

Darren Cope

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Canada

Hi!

Bests,
Sascha

I've had decent luck with GRASS' raster > vector conversion. However, like all vectorization programs, it's far from perfect! Since it's free, it's worth a shot!

Simmer

Simmer

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Trinidad and Tobago

Hi! Have you tried the "ArcScan"? You can find the tool bar from Tools > Customize, then select the "Toolbar" tab. You will see the option to show the "ArcScan". I hope ArcScan works with your image :)

Although not easy it worked fine for me. Thanks!

Bests,
Simmer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->