• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

CartoMike

CartoMike

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Germany

Hello everyone, my name is Mike and I work as a cartographer for a publishing company focussing on schoolbooks. We produce school atlases and have also published a multimedia atlas for use in school. We work with Freehand 8 Mac but are planning to migrate to Illustrator CS2 Win. I also use ArcGIS 8.3 and MAPublisher.

I earned my degree in cartography at the University of Applied Science Karlsruhe in 1991 and then worked at the Federal Bureau of Statistics in Switzerland for almost five years. In 1995 I was hired to introduce digtital cartography to the company which I am still working for today.

I have been NACIS member in the early ninties for about three or four years and also joined several early discussion boards at that time like gis-l or geograph-l and maps-l.

I am glad to find a forum for professional cartographers on the internet. :)

Mike

Kartograph

Kartograph

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Germany

Hello and Welcome!
Herzlich Wilkommen.

Now I´m not the last of the Mohicans anymore.

Regards,

Andreas

Craig

Craig

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • United Kingdom

Welcome CartoMike

My background is school and world atlases too. I'd be interested to know about what you do and who you work for.

Craig

CartoMike

CartoMike

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Germany

Hello, Craig,

sorry for the late response. I work at Cornelsen Verlag, Berlin (www.cornelsen.de). We produce several school atlases for use in geography, history and politics. You find more information about the new digital atlas at www.digitaler-atlas.de (website only in german). You will find some screenshots of maps (who also show our style of printed maps) under Atlas > Beispielseiten.

Regards,
Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->