Photo

Tutorial wanted on making zoom pan flash map.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Envirographics

Envirographics

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • United Kingdom

Hi,
Great to see postings here in 'Dynamic and Flash Mapping' on tutorials for button, interactivity and morphing creation, thank you to that poster, all very appropriate to maps and flash. The other obvious need, given the size of maps and the available screen size, is the ability to zoom in and pan around, and keeping the key static outside of the map border.

My key features buttons that run animations on the map.

Has anyone coding that will do this, such that variables like map size can be modified to suit individual requirements. zoom amount varied per click. How is the area to be subjected to pan and zoom delineated in the flash file, leaving my key operational and static ? I also need an Ordnance Survey licence visible over the map, bottom left and static, ditto North Point bottom right.

Is there a tutorial on this anywhere ?

I imagine we all will, sooner or later, come across this need.

Envirographics.

dsl

dsl

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • United States

I wish there was a tutorial too. I haven't seen one. You might look at the SVG example for Degrafa, as that has a zoom bar. Or you can look into the open source Birdeye/geovis project, but I don't know if it has zooming capabilities yet.

cheers,
David

Envirographics

Envirographics

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • United Kingdom

A cry for help in that case. Anyone out there going to help what must be many cartographers wishing to make use of Flash and the future, needing to cram a map onto a screen ?
I don't see anything on the links that give an instant fix, that I can use for a pan/zoom.

I am relatively new to Flash, as I bet some others are and we are all going to wonder :-
1) how to limit pan/zoom to within a map border
2) how to have an interactive key (buttons run animations etc) static outside

Help !
Envirographics

Andy Woodruff

Andy Woodruff

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United States

This is a late reply, and I don't know if this will be useful, but a while ago I put together a bit of Flash code for panning and zooming.

http://www.cartogram...h-actionscript/

I'm sure it doesn't do everything you are looking for, and it isn't really written as a tutorial, but I thought I would provide the link in case it is helpful.

Andy

l.jegou

l.jegou

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:Webmapping, thematical mapping.
  • France

You can also look at the OpenScales project :

http://openscales.org/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->