• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

PyongYang

PyongYang

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • France

Hello everyone,

I just found this forum while searching the Internet for any cartography-related stuff that could help me with my studies. I'm 22 years old and im a french student in cartography, currently doing an internship which should end my studies if validated by the teachers. I've always had a passion for cartography and im glad to find people who share this common interest with me. I've scrolled your forum a lot and find it very useful, so i decided to finally register. It seems that you all are american, but since i can speak a bit of english, this should not be a problem ;) In France, i've studied cartography for two years and we learned the science and power of interpreting and drawing maps via softwares such as Adobe Illustrator, PhotoShop, MapPublisher, MapInfo and ArcGIS. My goal is to become a cartographer and the internship i've just begun is about taking maps from static to dynamix via Flash, i might need some help along the way because i've just begun Flash.

I thank you very much for your forum which is really helpful and entertaining and i hope my english isnt too bad for you all.

Jules

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,898 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Bonjour Jules, et bienvenue aux Cartotalk (which is about the limit of my French unfortunately).

Americans are probably the largest group here on Cartotalk, but there's plenty of people from all over the world actually. The primary language is English though, but you'll do just fine.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

Jean-Louis

Jean-Louis

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In the vast ocean of my ignorance, I have a few bubbles of interests
  • Canada

Bienvenue au forum, Jules.
Tu n'est pas le seul francophone ici et ne t'inquiète pas, ton anglais est mieux que beaucoup d'autres ... meme certains américains :lol:
Jean-Louis
Jean-Louis Rheault
Montreal

PyongYang

PyongYang

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • France

Merci Jean-Louis, je suis touché par le compliment ;) Et aussi par l'avatar du capitaine Haddock !

Hans : Thank you for your welcome and your French !

DaveB

DaveB

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
  • United States

I'll toss in a welcome from one of the Americans! :)

(I think I got the gist of Jean-Louis's comment and I agree!) ;)
Dave Barnes
Esri
Product Engineer
Map Geek

l.jegou

l.jegou

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Webmapping, thematical mapping.
  • France

Bonjour et bienvenue (si je puis me permettre, n'étant pas un membre très ancien non plus). Je confirme le grand intérêt de ce forum, qui apporte une vision de la cartographie rafraîchissante par rapport à l'orientation très technique des forums francophones, je trouve.

----

Hello and welcome (if i may, being a somewhat recent member). I agree about the strong interest of CartoTalk, which members express a refreshing vision of cartography, especially compared to francophone forums that i find very technical.

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

Speaking of members from all over the world - is the members map updated?
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->