- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Richard Rasch

Richard Rasch

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • United States

The user guide says this is possible but these files are grayed out. If I choose All Files (*.*) from the import dialog box, the next dialog box says "Unable to determine dataset format" and the OK button id grayed out. Is this a known issue or installation problem?

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,882 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

The user guide says this is possible but these files are grayed out. If I choose All Files (*.*) from the import dialog box, the next dialog box says "Unable to determine dataset format" and the OK button id grayed out. Is this a known issue or installation problem?

What happens if you set the file selector to DXF/DWG? It should work.

If it's still unsuccesful, I recommend you get in touch with Avenza support and send them the DXF file.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

Richard Rasch

Richard Rasch

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • United States

What happens if you set the file selector to DXF/DWG? It should work.

If it's still unsuccesful, I recommend you get in touch with Avenza support and send them the DXF file.

Thansk for the reply, The problem is there is not a selector for DXF/DWG. I opened an older installation (Illustrator CS and MAPublisher 6.x) and the selector was available. I am currently using Illustrator CS4 and MAPublisher 8.2. When I look through the chapter on file formats I see that other formats mentioned in the manual are missing from the Import Dialog drop down selector as well.

Kimi

Kimi

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Canada

Hello, Richard. Hans is correct that DXF file is supported with MAPublisher. It should be imported without any problem.
Could you please contact support@avenza.com? When contacting, could you describe that 1) Which OS and its version (e.g. Windows 7 64 bit, Mac 10.6.3..etc), 2) Which version of Adobe Illustrator is installed on your computer, 3) Which version of MAPublisher you use (Go to Help > About MAPublisher from the top menu bar. You will see the exact version information on the header of the dialog window). In addition to it, if you know which version of AutoCAD was used to create the DXF file, it would be appreciated as well :)

We will look forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Kimi

Avenza Systems Inc.
124 Merton Street, Suite 400,
Toronto, Ontario, M4S 2Z2, Canada
Webpage: http://www.avenza.com

Richard Rasch

Richard Rasch

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • United States

Hello, Richard. Hans is correct that DXF file is supported with MAPublisher. It should be imported without any problem.
Could you please contact support@avenza.com? When contacting, could you describe that 1) Which OS and its version (e.g. Windows 7 64 bit, Mac 10.6.3..etc), 2) Which version of Adobe Illustrator is installed on your computer, 3) Which version of MAPublisher you use (Go to Help > About MAPublisher from the top menu bar. You will see the exact version information on the header of the dialog window). In addition to it, if you know which version of AutoCAD was used to create the DXF file, it would be appreciated as well :)

We will look forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Kimi

Kimi,

I'll contact Avenza. Thanks for the reply and glad to see the folks at Avenza keeping an eye on the CartoTalk boards

-Richard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->