TerraPen GeoGraphics

Sylvie

Sylvie

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Mexico

I just noticed that the link I was given and the attachment that came with the email are different. I apologize for the confusion. This is the text from the attachment:

Posted: November 21, 2005
Closing: December 12, 2005
Marine Navigation Analyst Services

MARINE PROTECTED AREA ANALYST SERVICES SOUGHT
NOAA’S NATIONAL MPA CENTER
MONTEREY, CALIFORNIA

A marine protected area analyst, with experience in the ecology and/or policy of marine protected areas, is sought to provide technical support to NOAA’s National Marine Protected Areas Center (NMPAC) Science Institute, located in Monterey, California. The National MPA Center provides science, tools and training for the effective design, management and evaluation of the nation’s MPAs.

This contract will assist with the NMPAC’s “Navigating MPAs Project,” a Federal effort to incorporate MPA information into the nation’s navigational products. The contractor will help locate, review, and abstract information about existing MPAs around the country (both State and Federal) so the information can be easily assimilated into nautical charts, Coast Pilots, and other aids to navigation.

Contract Requirements and Details: Contractor required to have: (i) Familiarity with the science and policy of marine and coastal issues, particularly concerning MPAs; (ii) Demonstrated knowledge of databases (preferably MS Access), spreadsheets, word processors, and other basic computer skills; (iii) Strong communication skills (both verbal and written); (iv) Independent research capabilities; (v) GIS and marine navigation knowledge a plus. Contract Details: This an Independent Contractor arrangement; Start Date is negotiable, and there is no guaranteed minimum length of contract; Contract workload should be expected to require 20 hours per week by one person at $15.00 per hour (depending upon experience); Contractor performance and availability of funding will determine the length of the agreement.

For Additional Information about the Contract, and to Apply: Contact Aaron King, Navigating MMAs Project Leader, National MPA Center Science Institute via email at aaron.king@noaa.gov. To apply, send a “Statement of Interest” to Natalie Hargraves (natalie.hargraves@noaa.gov). Please include the details of any knowledge, skills, previous work, or other information that make you particularly qualified to execute this contract. For all correspondence, please refer to the Navigating MPAs Contract in the email subject line. No phone calls please.

Sylvie Amezcua White
TerraPen GeoGraphics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->