1 reply to this topic

ArcMapper

ArcMapper

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • United States

I'm in a grad course and I need to assign first responders (police in this case) to specified sites (metro stations). The scenario takes place in DC, so I have the data I need from their free DCGIS site. I think I will use Network Analyst in ArcGIS to figure this out. But I'm not exactly sure how am going to figure this out. Does anyone know how this kind of scenario would play out with real first responders. I am assigning them to 7 stations, but then there are secondary places that I would want to send them. The 7 stations fall within 2 districts and within 4 police service areas. I have the number of officers for each police service area and I have the police stations, but I just really can't figure out how to 'assign' them in some kind of optimal way with enough officers to also go to secondary places. Any ideas?

jrat

jrat

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • United States

Check into ArcLogistics. You can get a free 90 day trial from ESRI. It is basiclly Network analyst but for fleet. It might provide the answers you are looking for. I am still testing it for my own purpouses, and there doesn't seem to be alot of instructions. It is supposed to be an intuitave interface but I was just not getting it for a while. Try it out, don't give up and I think that it is what you need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->