For a long-term client of ours, we're trying to make a Las Vegas map. In the past we've sometimes built or re-used our own artwork, and sometimes used others. What we're looking for:
- a main map centered on the Strip (the conference in question is at Mandalay Bay, at the south end of the Strip)
- artwork that gives some sense of pedestrian scale along the strip. Our ideal map shows both the big resort/casino complexes and some of the stand-alone infill, but obviously the big complexes are the 500-pound gorillas of the piece
- is focused on dining, attractions and shopping. Since these are clustered withing the complexes, this will need to be different from our usual street-based style (cf our New Orleans map, with this level of detail), and we welcome any solutions you've already come up with for this.
- includes downtown as an inset, or as part of a somewhat-wider-scope piece that would include the airport, UNLV, and the hotels to the east and west of the Strip.
- will fit (Strip map portion) in a 21.25 x 10.25 frame.
We have some proposals out there for a custom-built map, which is a possibility if we can't find what we need already-built. With this posting I'm looking for artwork that's already built and that could be adapted. There's a lot of junky maps of Vegas out there, and I've seen some quite nice maps that for one reason or another aren't quite right for our needs. But I have hopes I'll find someone on here who has the perfect fit already built.
Las Vegas: standing artwork
1 reply to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users