6 replies to this topic

hocgis

hocgis

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Vietnam

I couldn't drag Menu toolbar in the right position. (file attached below)
Anybody can help me!?
Thank so much!

Attached Files

Pete

Pete

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • United Kingdom

It looks like you were moving the menu bar around and you've placed it off the top of your desktop so you can't move it again - is that right?

You could try turning the toolbar off and on again (standard technical solution :rolleyes: ) and ArcMap may be good enough to place it somewhere you can grab it. If that doesn't work you'll need to find your ArcMap template and delete it - this will reset all of your toolbars and the like so you may want to make a note of any special thing you have set up before you do this.

I'm not sure where your template will be - I think on my work machine it is somewhere like C:/documents and setting/user/ArcMap/ .... and so on. I can check tomorrow and let you know if you're not able to find it.

Hope this helps!

hocgis

hocgis

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Vietnam

It looks like you were moving the menu bar around and you've placed it off the top of your desktop so you can't move it again - is that right?

You could try turning the toolbar off and on again (standard technical solution :rolleyes: ) and ArcMap may be good enough to place it somewhere you can grab it. If that doesn't work you'll need to find your ArcMap template and delete it - this will reset all of your toolbars and the like so you may want to make a note of any special thing you have set up before you do this.

I'm not sure where your template will be - I think on my work machine it is somewhere like C:/documents and setting/user/ArcMap/ .... and so on. I can check tomorrow and let you know if you're not able to find it.

Hope this helps!

You have understood my ideas.
But ... It's a main ToolBar so It cannot be uncheck (turn off).
I have not found the template that you mentioned.
If the template will be delete, what can I do next? i have to create it again? How can I do it?

Crischan

Crischan

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:Spatial Information Design
  • Germany

Look for the normal.mxt, which should live in

c:\Dokuments And Settings\<username>\Application Data\ESRI\ArcMap\Templates\

Just delete it, ArcMap will generate a new one upon next startup. We have our students do it over and over again after they break the UI... :)
Crischan Wygoda
http://wygoda.net

Pete

Pete

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • United Kingdom

Just delete it, ArcMap will generate a new one upon next startup.

Exactly :D !

We have our students do it over and over again after they break the UI... :)

Students ... :rolleyes: !

hocgis

hocgis

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Vietnam

Just delete it, ArcMap will generate a new one upon next startup. We have our students do it over and over again after they break the UI... :)

Great! Many thanks to you!

Robert2009

Robert2009

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • United States

One other thing if you don't want to reset the normal.mxt. You could do is by change the screen resoultin to find it:

start ---> click on control panel ---> Display ---->In the Display Properties --click on Settings --- go to Screen resolution ---See if you could slide to move "more" to change the screen resolution bigger. If your resolution slide is in the less to medium then you might be able to find it. If your slide is still in the "Move"then you might be in no luck to find it.

That way when you change the resolution to More, everything you see becomes smaller resolution and that might help you to find the toolbar floating outside the ArcMap.

Cheers,
Robert
Here's the screen capture here:

Attached File  scree_resolution.png   29.26KB   12 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->