Photo

This should have occurred some time back...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

The Doomed Mapper

The Doomed Mapper

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • United States

...so I think I will do it now!

How's it going out there in the series of connected tubes we call the internet? :lol:

I joined this forum a few years ago, but I haven't been as active as I would have liked (too many projects and attentional issues = slippage!). But since its been some time now, I think I will take the time to introduce myself.

Background is a mix between the science and design. I've been working in the geospatial fields for almost 8 years, 4 on the professional level. My major was in Psychology, while my minor was in Geographic Information systems; its an interesting story if anyone would like to hear it, and don't get me started on some of the ideas I've got kicking around to utilize both areas (and I haven't given up on using this as the basis of a thesis at some point in the future). I've held GIS jobs/internships in utilities (water, electricity), civil engineering, and academia (mostly database work and remote sensing). For the last three years I've been performing cartographic work for printed maps (hence some of my older queries), although it looks like I will be drifting back towards the more "technical" side in my daily work.

This website is a really great resource, and I'm really eager to become a more active member of the community. Most of you folks seem to have a greater knack for the hard science things than I do (linear logic can be a challenge for me), so I'm excited to learn as much as possible from everyone and contribute whenever I can. I'm just beginning a more serious explorations into GPS data collection and management (its been about 3 years and I'm a little rusty), so bear with me if my query has been answered before!

Happy Mapping!

Matthew Hampton

Matthew Hampton

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the mountains and rivers.
  • United States

Welcome to Cartotalk!

I think you could create some very compelling maps with a Psych/GIS background! Looking forward to your contributions to the forum.

co-cartographic creator of boringmaps.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->