• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

EcoGraphic

EcoGraphic

Master Contributor

• Links Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:landscape architecture,cartography,information architecture,wayfinding,landscape archaeology,cultural landscapes,sustainable design,visual journalism,travel writing,photography,illustration,languages
  • Canada

If anyone is looking for affordable, easy-to-use accounting software to use for their business I would highly recommend a copy of Intuit Quickbooks Pro 2006. I just picked up a copy after having used Quickbooks 2003 for quite some time. It has a great Time/charges feature when you write up invoices which allows you to import an Excel worksheet and track your billable hours easily. You can also e-mail invoices straight from Quickbooks. For Canadians it happens to be on sale at Staples.ca until Nov 22 for $60 off. Check on EBay as well for deals. This is the easiest software I have found for visual people! (They also have a version called Quickstart which is cheaper, but Pro has a tonne more useful features.)

Intuit Quickbooks Pro 2006

On Sale at Staples.ca until Nov 22
Gillian Auld
EcoGraphic Design
www.EcoGraphic.ca

Design is the intermediary between information and understanding
Richard Grefe

Roger Hart

Roger Hart

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • United States
Just received a letter from QuickBooks telling me that they are forcing me to, "upgrade" from 2003 to 2006. I've been using QBs for years. Have never been impressed with it. Importing the excel worksheet with billable time would be a handy feature. Is it a standard part of QBs?

EcoGraphic

EcoGraphic

Master Contributor

• Links Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:landscape architecture,cartography,information architecture,wayfinding,landscape archaeology,cultural landscapes,sustainable design,visual journalism,travel writing,photography,illustration,languages
  • Canada

Just received a letter from QuickBooks telling me that they are forcing me to, "upgrade" from 2003 to 2006.  I've been using QBs for years.  Have never been impressed with it.  Importing the excel worksheet with billable time would be a handy feature.  Is it a standard part of QBs?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just picked up QuickBooks Pro and they have now integrated it into the Trackable Expenses section (now 'Time and Costs') on the Invoice creation page.
Gillian Auld
EcoGraphic Design
www.EcoGraphic.ca

Design is the intermediary between information and understanding
Richard Grefe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->