2 replies to this topic

djschenk

djschenk

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United States

Hello Everyone,

What plotter are you currently using for your map and poster production?

I am in need of replacing an old (out of warranty/service contract) plotter (HP DesignJet 5000). I would appreciate anyone's advice/recommendations/concerns on plotters for map production. Our current plotter is a general purpose (i.e. department-wide) plotter and our production needs are by no means high-end. We're just looking for a steady work-horse that we can get an extended service contract on which doesn't cost too much money.

Sincerely,

Doug Schenk

NSBuhwheat

NSBuhwheat

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Canada

Hi Doug,

Greetings from Cape Breton, NS.

We replaced our HP4500 PS a few months back with a Canon ImagePrograf ipf8000S. Very pleased with the quality of output and speed of the new beast. I believe pricing was in the $7-7.5K range (canadian funds)

Best of luck with your aquisition.

Regards,

Jamie Whitters
GIS\Planning Technologist
Planning and Development Dept.
Cape Breton Regional Municipality
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada

Hello Everyone,

What plotter are you currently using for your map and poster production?

I am in need of replacing an old (out of warranty/service contract) plotter (HP DesignJet 5000). I would appreciate anyone's advice/recommendations/concerns on plotters for map production. Our current plotter is a general purpose (i.e. department-wide) plotter and our production needs are by no means high-end. We're just looking for a steady work-horse that we can get an extended service contract on which doesn't cost too much money.

Sincerely,

Doug Schenk

aug_aug

aug_aug

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • United States

I'm interested in the responses to this post as well, I'm in the same boat with the 5000 and as of XP, HP is no longer providing drivers for this thing, which is terrible suppport - no Vista drivers at all. (I have to run a virtual machine now to use my plotter!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->