• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

KrafftyMan

KrafftyMan

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:I like atmospheric science, geomorphology, cartography as well GIS.
  • United States

Greetings everyone!!!

I am a recent graduate with a BA in geography. I have worked a number of internships over the past couple years. Each of these positions revolved around GIS. Although every position was unique in its own way one thing was constant. Each company always wanted maps. I find myself spending the majority of my time collecting data in the field and organizing it in a geodatabase within ArcCatalog. Using ArcMap I then create whatever map it is I am working on only to export it into Adobe Illustrator for that more cartographic feel and design. I have read some about MAPublisher but have yet to use it. Hopefully I can talk the organization I am currently interning for to make that purchase.

Anyway, I don't want to bore you all with my history. I hope to get some great ideas from other cartographers that have way more experience than I do.

Happy mapping to you all!

KrafftyMan[/font]

uriel

uriel

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • China

Greetings everyone!!!

I am a recent graduate with a BA in geography. I have worked a number of internships over the past couple years. Each of these positions revolved around GIS. Although every position was unique in its own way one thing was constant. Each company always wanted maps. I find myself spending the majority of my time collecting data in the field and organizing it in a geodatabase within ArcCatalog. Using ArcMap I then create whatever map it is I am working on only to export it into Adobe Illustrator for that more cartographic feel and design. I have read some about MAPublisher but have yet to use it. Hopefully I can talk the organization I am currently interning for to make that purchase.

Anyway, I don't want to bore you all with my history. I hope to get some great ideas from other cartographers that have way more experience than I do.

Happy mapping to you all!

KrafftyMan[/font]

Hi, another newer here, greetings from Beijing China

KrafftyMan

KrafftyMan

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:I like atmospheric science, geomorphology, cartography as well GIS.
  • United States

Hi there Uriel... Welcome to you as well! I was wondering if anyone would ever say hello to me B)

dvd mccutcheon

dvd mccutcheon

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • United Kingdom

KrafftyMan & Uriel - welcome to you both.

I have not been on here long, but I have found the site very informative - hope you enjoy it.

David

David McCutcheon FBCart.S
dvdmaps.co.uk

rudy

rudy

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Canada

Welcome all! Look forward to hearing more from you. Kraftyman - sounds like an interesting job. I'm sure we will be learning from you too.

Matthew Hampton

Matthew Hampton

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the mountains and rivers.
  • United States

Hi KrafftyMan[/font],

Welcome to the forum. :D

Oregon Metro - Portland, OR
www.oregonmetro.gov

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->