Daniel Huffman

Daniel Huffman

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • United States

Hello, everyone,

I'm a graduate student at the University of Wisconsin, Madison, and I'm conducting a short online survey as part of my research. I am posting here to solicit your participation.

You may find the survey here: http://www.geography...mapAnalysis.php

I would be much obliged if you could take a moment to complete the survey, and, if you are so inclined, spread it around to other cartography/gis/spatial information and technology people that you know.

To avoid biasing your answers, I am remaining a bit mysterious as to my purposes, though if you are interested in knowing more, you may contact me (my email address is found on the survey) and I can let you know more when the research has been completed. I also ask that you not post about the survey's content here, again to avoid influencing others who may take it. You may contact me privately with any questions or concerns.

Thank you kindly,

-Daniel Huffman

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

That was fun! Please announce your findings here when you have analyzed your data.
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

Esther Mandeno

Esther Mandeno

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • United States

Ok, I just did it. I'm not sure if I would call it fun...

But I am curious, how many respondents have you gotten so far? How many do you expect? How many do you need?

I am very curious in the results of your survey and, more importantly, what those results mean. Keep us posted! :)
------
Esther Mandeno
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

Daniel Huffman

Daniel Huffman

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • United States

Ok, I just did it. I'm not sure if I would call it fun...

But I am curious, how many respondents have you gotten so far? How many do you expect? How many do you need?

I am very curious in the results of your survey and, more importantly, what those results mean. Keep us posted! :)

I'm closing in on 60 respondents so far -- which is a pretty good turnout, given that I've only put one appeal out there so far. I'm publicizing it in a few other places soon, in hopes of clearing 100. I can draw some broad conclusions with the number I have now, but there's some more detailed analysis I can do if I manage to get a large number of people answering.

Thanks to everyone out there who has participated! It has been a great help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->