- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

adamtaylor

adamtaylor

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United Kingdom

Hi there, id like to display a simple table in the layout view alongside my map. I can set the table to have no gridlines but am unable to get the outer lines of the table to fully dissapear. By setting the table lines to white, the top and left hand lines are made invisible but this does not effect the right and bottom edges. currently I use a white box to cover them up but its messy! any suggestions for a relative beginner please?

thanks, Adam

tiki801

tiki801

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • No Country Selected

Hi there, id like to display a simple table in the layout view alongside my map. I can set the table to have no gridlines but am unable to get the outer lines of the table to fully dissapear. By setting the table lines to white, the top and left hand lines are made invisible but this does not effect the right and bottom edges. currently I use a white box to cover them up but its messy! any suggestions for a relative beginner please?

thanks, Adam

What I used to do in MapInfo to show a table was to first export the attribute data to excel. I could do all the formatting of the table there. Next I would use a screen capture program (such as Fastone or Hijack) to grab just the section of the excel spreadsheet that I wanted to show in my map layout. In MapInfo I would then bring that screen capture in as an image and put into a data frame in the map. The only downside is that if you need to adjust the formatting you need to go back to excel and reformat and reexport. But once you figure out what formatting looks best you can just format as necessary on the first try. If I remember correctly I used a large, like size 18 font and bold text. It looks too big in excel but looks decent in MapInfo. It may not be the best process but it looks better than the default table insert.

adamtaylor

adamtaylor

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United Kingdom

Hi Tiki,

thanks for this i'll give it a try. sorry it took me so long to check back!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->