On June 10th and 11th, Red Geographics will organise a training course on the subject of digital cartography with Adobe Illustrator and Avenza's MAPublisher. The goal of the course is to teach participants how Illustrator and MAPublisher can be used jointly in the production of high quality maps.
Through the use of a number of sample projects, the entire cartographic production process is covered:
- Document setup
- GIS data preparation
- Import GIS data
- Projection / scale
- Visualising GIS data through Stylesheets
- Text placement with LabelPro
- Combining raster and vector data
- Producing an index
- Export for print and web purposes
Aside from a full overview of MAPublisher's capabilities there will be plenty of coverage of time-saving Illustrator tips and tricks. There will also be time to cover specific questions.
This is a hands-on course. Computers, data and required software will be provided.
Who Should Attend
- Cartographers using GIS data
- Existing MAPublisher users who want to experience the new features of MAPublisher 8 or who want to get the most out of their MAPublisher license
- GIS professionals who want to produce better quality maps
- Anyone making maps that wants to leverage the benefits of Illustrator and MAPublisher
This course will be led by Hans van der Maarel and Joke Rerink. Both have many years of experience working with Illustrator and MAPublisher. The course will be held in Dutch, but if you would like to get this course in English, please contact Red Geographics for more information.
The course will be held in the KaartUitVeghel Cartographic Instruction centre, Veghel, The Netherlands.
More about MAPublisher
MAPublisher for Illustrator is powerful map production software for creating cartographic-quality maps from GIS data. Developed as a suite of plug-ins for Adobe Illustrator and Macromedia FreeHand, MAPublisher leverages the superior graphics capabilities of these graphics design applications. Full details are available at www.avenza.com.
See http://www.redgeogra...sher_cursus.php for more information.