7 replies to this topic

oskarlin

oskarlin

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Sweden

In ArcGIS I have noticed that if I use the Maplex label engine I can align the text along the grid of the projection of the map. Unfortunately I can't use that engine since it has some bugs so I have to stick to the ordinary engine.

I have noticed that there's a column in the annotation attribute data which is called Angle. For some annotations the angles are not 0 (zero) and looks more like 0,0035535 or something. This means it has been aligned to be horizontal rather than following the grid. So if I change it to 0 (zero) the texts starts aligning to the grid - great!

The problem is that some annotations classes has texts that are aligned horizontally and angle 0. Fore these I have no idea how to make them align with my grid. Any ideas?

The only thing that differs the annotations is that the ones that "work" are annotations for polygons and the ones that doesn't work are points.

oskarlin

oskarlin

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Sweden

OK, I think I solved it for point annotations:

1. Create the Annotation.
2. Move all the points just a liiiiitle bit. (select all and move)
3. The Angle column in the attribute data of the annotation has now changed from being 0 (zero) to a lot of different values (like 0.033253). Change all of them to 0 (zero).

Done!

Jon Morris

Jon Morris

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • United Kingdom

Unfortunately I can't use that engine since it has some bugs so I have to stick to the ordinary engine.

Do you have any more information on this? If you are aware of any bugs in Maplex, please report them to ESRI support so we can get to work on a fix.

Thanks.
Jon Morris
ESRI
Product Engineer

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,312 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

Jon - is there some easy way for us out-of-the US to report bugs? I have tried to log things in the ESRI bug tracker, but then I get a response from a support engineer that I have to turn to my Swedish reseller (ESRI S-Group). Which I haven't bothered with, they don't have a bugtracker/report system, and they are not involved in building/fixing the software...
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

Jon Morris

Jon Morris

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • United Kingdom

Jon - is there some easy way for us out-of-the US to report bugs? I have tried to log things in the ESRI bug tracker, but then I get a response from a support engineer that I have to turn to my Swedish reseller (ESRI S-Group). Which I haven't bothered with, they don't have a bugtracker/report system, and they are not involved in building/fixing the software...

Hugo,

I don't know much about the reporting end of our bugtracking system, only that users are told to go to here to report bugs. I don't know if this is US-only or if other distributors have other reporting procedures.

Can anyone else fill us in?
Jon Morris
ESRI
Product Engineer

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,312 posts
  • Sweden

I have tried to file bugs there, and then I get a response from customer service to refer to my reseller (which is responsible for support).
Hugo Ahlenius
Twitter

Jon Morris

Jon Morris

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • United Kingdom

I have tried to file bugs there, and then I get a response from customer service to refer to my reseller (which is responsible for support).

Hugo,

I've been in touch with ESRI S-GROUP and they gave me this contact information:

support@esri-sgroup.se
0770-330690
www.esri-sgroup.se/support

Hope it helps!
Jon Morris
ESRI
Product Engineer

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,312 posts
  • Sweden

Thanks - I actually haven't tried that route, but it seems kind of long-winded to report an obvious bug through the reseller. Next time I encounter something I'll try that route.
Hugo Ahlenius
Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->