I've reciently started doing a lot of digitizing of hand drawn data on existing maps. (eg. Weed treatment areas or vegetation types in a property). I find that it takes a fair amount of time to digitize the data so my main reason for getting one is productivity. I've started looking into external digitizers and was interested to get your input.
I was looking at 2 types.
1. The pen/mouse type for every day use.
- Are these any faster than just using my current mouse? I gues I like the idea of being able to "draw" polygons.
- Do you have make/model reccomendations?
- Any other reasons I should or should not get one?
2. A large Format Digitizer like the Drawing Board 4. to input data from existing maps/plats.
- Same questions apply.
Thanks for your input.