• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

razornole

razornole

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Cartography, Down-river canoeing, Backpacking, Cross country biking, Geomorphology, Ornithology, Ecology, Quaternary, and last but first; drinking beer on the beach.
  • United States

In the spirit of the Olympics, let me be the first from my country to say go team USA.
"Ah, to see the world with the eyes of the gods is geography--to know cities and tribes, mountains and rivers, earth and sea, this is our gift."
Strabo 22AD

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

In the spirit of the Olympics, let me be the first from my country to say go team USA.

Sorry America there will be no miracle on ice this time. USA will not win hockey gold, sadly though I think our other arch rival Russia will beat Canada in the Gold Medal Final. :( Oh well Go Canada go, & no I will not say that stupid Pepsi cheer, "eh oh Canada go!" :rolleyes:

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

razornole

razornole

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Cartography, Down-river canoeing, Backpacking, Cross country biking, Geomorphology, Ornithology, Ecology, Quaternary, and last but first; drinking beer on the beach.
  • United States

Sorry America there will be no miracle on ice this time. USA will not win hockey gold, sadly though I think our other arch rival Russia will beat Canada in the Gold Medal Final. :( Oh well Go Canada go, & no I will not say that stupid Pepsi cheer, "eh oh Canada go!" :rolleyes:

Home Ice advantage, that ain't fair.
"Ah, to see the world with the eyes of the gods is geography--to know cities and tribes, mountains and rivers, earth and sea, this is our gift."
Strabo 22AD

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

I say Go Dutchies, sweep the medals at speed skating and see if we can get the 100th gold medal in Dutch Olympic History.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

Lui

Lui

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:Natural looking maps, hillshading, mountain cartography, LIDAR, TLS, data fusion, photogrammetry, singing, poetry, cycling
  • Slovenia

Well firstly I hope that all tube runners (bob, sleigh, skeleton) will safely finish their competition.
Of course I say go Slovenia! Show them all that we are a sport nation!

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

I say Go Dutchies, sweep the medals at speed skating and see if we can get the 100th gold medal in Dutch Olympic History.

I think our short track speed skating team has something to say about that. The Dutch go empty handed this time around leading to riots in Amsterdam. :P

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts
  • Netherlands

I think our short track speed skating team has something to say about that. The Dutch go empty handed this time around leading to riots in Amsterdam. :P

Speed skating != short track... Hmmm... last time the winter Olympics were in Canada, somebody from The Netherlands went home with 3 gold medals. All I'm saying is keep an eye on Sven and the others ;)
Red Geographics

razornole

razornole

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • United States

Speed skating != short track... Hmmm... last time the winter Olympics were in Canada, somebody from The Netherlands went home with 3 gold medals. All I'm saying is keep an eye on Sven and the others ;)

I think we have somebody named Apolo?
Strabo 22AD

spesseh

spesseh

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Norway

Let the games begin.

I had hoped for a medal in normal hill, ski jumping today, but the Norwegians underperformed somewhat i think.

Now we have to rely on Bøkko at 5000m speed skating, but i guess Sven Kramer will take it home to The Netherlands.

Enjoy!
Andreas

Visit my Blog: http://www.gisintersect.com

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Canada

Let the games begin.

I had hoped for a medal in normal hill, ski jumping today, but the Norwegians underperformed somewhat i think.

Now we have to rely on Bøkko at 5000m speed skating, but i guess Sven Kramer will take it home to The Netherlands.

Enjoy!

[fierce patriotism]Boy I can't wait for Norway to get a whopping in hockey in the next few days. It's a mere question of the score: 16-0 12-0, 8-0, 6-1? Humm choke Norway choke. :lol: [/fierce patriotism]

razornole

razornole

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • United States

Let the games begin.

Enjoy!

[fierce patriotism]Boy I can't wait for Norway to get a whopping in hockey in the next few days. It's a mere question of the score: 16-0 12-0, 8-0, 6-1? Humm choke Norway choke. :lol: [/fierce patriotism]

I haven't watched hockey since the last Olympics, but now I am getting excited.

kru
Strabo 22AD

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts
  • Netherlands

He certainly did.
Red Geographics

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Canada

Let the games begin.

Enjoy!

I haven't watched hockey since the last Olympics, but now I am getting excited.

kru

It's going to be good because there's controversy for the next games in Russia. Apparently the NHL owners are trying to keep the professionals from going to the next olympic games. And if the power house countries can't send their best then a team like Switzerland could take the next hockey gold.

spesseh

spesseh

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Norway

Kramer took it. Well see if Bøkko can give him some competition in the next couple of races.

When it comes to Hockey i would guess Canada to win by 4-5 goals. When we last met in the World Cup Canada won 8-2, but as i remember at one point it was 2-2.

Today was another not so good day for the Norwegians. Silver in Biathlon 10 km by Hegle, but Nordic Combined was terrible.

Looking forward to the Norway - Canada in Hockey and Curling.
Andreas

Visit my Blog: http://www.gisintersect.com

razornole

razornole

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • United States

Today was another not so good day for the Norwegians. Silver in Biathlon 10 km by Hegle, but Nordic Combined was terrible.

Finally, USA gets on the podium for the Nordic Combine. It has only been 80+ years.

Canada & US both have something to happy about with Mogul Freestyle. Been enjoying it so far on my end.

kru
Strabo 22AD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->