2 replies to this topic

Rob

Rob

Legendary Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Interests:anything outside.
  • United States

Let me first say that I think this board is a great idea. Not much exists in the way of connecting the cartographic community together is this day of the Internet. So much attention/student interest is focused on learning gis while ignoring cartographic conventions. Hopefully traffic will continue to grow over the months as others find this site. A NACIS link would be key. Of course content is crucial to interest, as has been mentioned in other parts of the board.

As for background: I'm working for a planning firm in Honolulu doing cart and gis work. I'm mainly interested in thematic mapping and terrain visualization. Been toying with 3d modeling as well. I'll finish my masters work this semester at UH under Ev Wingert. The only visable (online) work of mine at this time is at: http://www.3dnworld....php?user=RJames

I'll see if I can steering more of those interested in cart in the islands towards the board.

cheers,

Rob

Nick Springer

Nick Springer

CartoTalk Founder Emeritus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Interests:Cartographic Design, Print Maps, Graphic Design, Web Development, Ultimate Frisbee
  • United States

Welcome. I have split this into a separate posting so each person will have their own thread.

The 3D work is really nice. You should post one or more of your maps in the Map Gallery and get some peer feedback.

Hawaii must be a great place to live.

Nick Springer

Director of Design and Web Applications: ALK Technologies Inc.
Owner: Springer Cartographics LLC

ELeFevre

ELeFevre

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Music, GIS, Coffee
  • United States

Rob,
Welcome to the forums. Sorry if this greeting is slightly belated...better late than never. Your online work is very impressive. Like Nick said, consider posting more of your work in the gallery. Your lucky to be working and living in Hawaii...I was there a few years back (Maui) and had one of the best times of my live. Erin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->