A picture is worth a thousand words, and maps tell rich stories about the world around us. Ortelius is a vector-based map drawing program for creating floor plans, landscape plans, scaled drawings, and a wide variety of high quality custom maps. Professionals and casual users alike use Ortelius for reports, presentations, books, research papers, invitations, magazines, websites, brochures, public displays, meetings, and more.
Ortelius makes mapping easier by using special cartography tools to streamline common tasks and effects that are typically difficult using standard drawing programs. For example, Ortelius’ unique Linear Select™ tool works like a highlighter to select portions of tracks and perfectly position labels, bridges, tunnels, and more. Connectable tracks make smooth intersecting road junctions painless. Bezier curves let you to draw and change lines and shapes the way you want them. Ortelius is an affordable map illustration program designed exclusively for Mac OS X.
Small improvements make a big difference for everyday users. Ortelius 1.0.5 includes many new features and enhancements, including:
- Smart sequence markers perfect for showing points of interest using numbered symbols “1, 2, 3…” or “A, B, C…” that automatically renumber when a middle number is deleted
- An incredible array of style components, such as new advanced stroke and fill patterns, making Ortelius a custom-style powerhouse
- Flexible image handling for direct scale and rotate, opacity, percent scale, and crop to shape
- Intricate shapes and symbols created quickly with a complete suite of Boolean operations to quickly and easily combine and “cookie-cut” shapes
- New border layers to add picture frame-like borders and background fills around your map area