• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Martin Encomp

Martin Encomp

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • United Kingdom

Hi all,

I'm looking for new, relatively cheap, relief software similar to global mapper but which has better 3d capabilities to produce oblique views of 90m or 30m dem data.

I'm using GM 8 at the moment (so maybe Gm 11 is better) but I'm always disappointed when I try to save 3d views.
Unless I'm doing something wrong (possible), I can never seem to increase the resolution when I save a 3d view. Unless I zoom right in to the '2d view' the quality of the 3d view is poor.

Can anyone recommend other software? Or perhaps I'm not making effective use of GM 8?

Many thanks

Martin
Martin @ Encompass Graphics

aug_aug

aug_aug

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • United States

Have you looked at all of the export options?

I know that in ArcScene, when I'm exporting 3D image for print, I have to really tweak the sizes to get a respectable image out.

Charles Syrett

Charles Syrett

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Canada

Have you looked at Surfer? It's a little pricier than Global, but it does a lot for the money.

Charles Syrett
Map Graphics
http://www.mapgraphics.com

Hi all,

I'm looking for new, relatively cheap, relief software similar to global mapper but which has better 3d capabilities to produce oblique views of 90m or 30m dem data.

I'm using GM 8 at the moment (so maybe Gm 11 is better) but I'm always disappointed when I try to save 3d views.
Unless I'm doing something wrong (possible), I can never seem to increase the resolution when I save a 3d view. Unless I zoom right in to the '2d view' the quality of the 3d view is poor.

Can anyone recommend other software? Or perhaps I'm not making effective use of GM 8?

Many thanks

Martin

canvas101

canvas101

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • United States

Hello Martin,

Take a look at Natural Scene Designer. I believe this will provide the solution you are looking for at a very reasonable price. http://www.naturalgfx.com/index.htm

Regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->