4 replies to this topic

rudy

rudy

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Canada

Trivial matter perhaps but annoying . . . . I am using Illustrator CS3 on a PC and am finding that occasionally when selecting a text string with the text tool that the cursor (i.e. the line that appears between letters) disappears. Usually it flashes slowly to indicate where it is positioned but sometimes it is gone completely, making it a difficult to figure out where it is positioned without moving it about. The curious thing is that sometimes this seems to happen and sometimes it doesn't. I opened a file 5 minutes ago and had this happen. I closed the file without saving and reopened it a couple of minutes later to find that all was well.

Anyone else experience this? Anyone have a solution to it?

Jean-Louis

Jean-Louis

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In the vast ocean of my ignorance, I have a few bubbles of interests
  • Canada

Trivial matter perhaps but annoying . . . . I am using Illustrator CS3 on a PC and am finding that occasionally when selecting a text string with the text tool that the cursor (i.e. the line that appears between letters) disappears. Usually it flashes slowly to indicate where it is positioned but sometimes it is gone completely, making it a difficult to figure out where it is positioned without moving it about. The curious thing is that sometimes this seems to happen and sometimes it doesn't. I opened a file 5 minutes ago and had this happen. I closed the file without saving and reopened it a couple of minutes later to find that all was well.

I dont recall that one specifically but I have experienced things like that - a cursor, or a block of text- mysteriously disappears and reappears again with CS3. I found the problem more pronounced when I was using a PC rather than the Mac. Often these annoyances set themselves straight just by zooming in or out.
I have no solution. just wanted to acknowledge your pain.
Jean-Louis Rheault
Montreal

razornole

razornole

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Cartography, Down-river canoeing, Backpacking, Cross country biking, Geomorphology, Ornithology, Ecology, Quaternary, and last but first; drinking beer on the beach.
  • United States

I dont recall that one specifically but I have experienced things like that - a cursor, or a block of text- mysteriously disappears and reappears again with CS3. I found the problem more pronounced when I was using a PC rather than the Mac. Often these annoyances set themselves straight just by zooming in or out.

Same thing, I just zoom in or out. This happens more on larger files. I don't know how to fix it, but I know the solution.

kru
"Ah, to see the world with the eyes of the gods is geography--to know cities and tribes, mountains and rivers, earth and sea, this is our gift."
Strabo 22AD

rudy

rudy

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Canada

My pain feels acknowledged! :)
If it's as easy as zooming in and out, I'm okay with it. Thanks!

Michael Brown CSRE

Michael Brown CSRE

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • No Country Selected

Did anyone find a solution?
I've found that the cursor will disappear mid-sentence, and reappear if you arrow left a few characters.

This seems to primarily affect text that is edited onscreen, but not unedited imported text garnered from an external source (eg: importing from a pdf)

VERY frustrating, nonetheless. Any Adobe folks monitoring this site?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->