christine.skl

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, Travel, Books, Music
  • China

Hello dear Geo-Friends.

It happens so, that my boyfriend is flying to US soon and I want to make an order for maps. I hope you can help me a little bit. I heard that in US there are available very detailed maps of Xinjiang, Tibet and Inner Mongolia. Does anybody know about them? Where to buy, how to buy... (I am not a US national, so I might need a little bit of description here).

I need roads, cities/villages and terrain for these 3 provinces (the map needs to be detailed be enough for a self-planned trip as a backpacker and explorer*). any suggestions, ideas? Maybe somebody of you actually creates them? I am grateful for any tips.

thanks a lot!

*I am from those crazy travellers who organise a bike and explore around.
Christine

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Hello dear Geo-Friends.

It happens so, that my boyfriend is flying to US soon and I want to make an order for maps. I hope you can help me a little bit. I heard that in US there are available very detailed maps of Xinjiang, Tibet and Inner Mongolia. Does anybody know about them? Where to buy, how to buy... (I am not a US national, so I might need a little bit of description here).

I need roads, cities/villages and terrain for these 3 provinces (the map needs to be detailed be enough for a self-planned trip as a backpacker and explorer*). any suggestions, ideas? Maybe somebody of you actually creates them? I am grateful for any tips.

No specific addresses to look for them in the US I'm afraid, but something that might come in useful is mapstor.com, which is offering Russian topo maps, covering many areas of the globe, for download.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

s hubbard

s hubbard

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Altitude..Archery..Alaska..Appalachia..Apothecary..Asiana
  • United States

i would talk with this person, they may know about some maps of that area to use....
EOSGIS
s hubbard
www.hubbardmapworks.com
2539'

christine.skl

christine.skl

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, Travel, Books, Music
  • China

Thanks a lot! I am already looking at the resources given, might be already a partial solution.
Christine

axel

axel

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Sweden

Sven Hedin's Central Asian Atlas got a very detailed (but outated) Tibet/Xinjiang map.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->