2 replies to this topic

jbl

jbl

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • United States

Does anybody know of a different / better way to place multiple label shields on a highway polyline feature.

Currently the only way that I know to do it is to duplicate the line feature and have one path with its shield properties and the duplicate line with its own properties.

The image shows I- 35 with US 169 shield also and Kansas State Hwy 12 also labeled as K-5.

Thanks,
jbl

Attached Files

jrat

jrat

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • United States

Maplex will enable you to do just want you want. You can define multiple label levels with sql queries. If you want more control on placement though - annotation.

s hubbard

s hubbard

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Altitude..Archery..Alaska..Appalachia..Apothecary..Asiana
  • United States

you should be able to do that with the ArcMap Labeling engine. You need to create different classes for the same field, then use the Expression Dialog box to create the SQL query to define the labels differently (or check the fields in your road attributes, maybe there is more than one field to label with, you might be able to use more than one field). if i am wrong in assuming you tried this, then load another road layer into the map, produce the additional labels you need, send them to annotation, then turn the second road layer off, but keep the annotation on...this way you can add more labels without so much SQL work. you may need to work with the offset and placement strengths after that to get them where you want them. should work fine....
s hubbard
www.hubbardmapworks.com
2539'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->