• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Jill

Jill

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • United States

I have a shape file where the shape is referred to as Polyline ZM in the ArcCatalog. All others I have seen are simply Polyline. With this particular shape file I am unable to display the data that I have geocoded. Has anyone else had this issue and knows a fix?

I am very new to ARCGIS and apologize if I am not giving an understandable description.

Thank you.

Edited by Jill, 17 December 2009 - 05:05 PM.

heath b

heath b

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:the great outdoors, bouldering, martinis, unusual graphical representation
  • United States

Hi Jill,

Have you looked into the ESRI Support Center? I found a Discussion Forum Thread from 2003 with the same issue as yours, only according to the thread the issue was resolved in ArcGIS 8.3.

It's possible that this could be still be the issue, though. As a fix, you can use the Feature Class to Feature Class tool. First, though, disable the M and Z properties under the General Settings tab of the ArcToolbox environments.

Good luck,

Heath

Jill

Jill

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • United States

Hi Jill,

Have you looked into the ESRI Support Center? I found a Discussion Forum Thread from 2003 with the same issue as yours, only according to the thread the issue was resolved in ArcGIS 8.3.

It's possible that this could be still be the issue, though. As a fix, you can use the Feature Class to Feature Class tool. First, though, disable the M and Z properties under the General Settings tab of the ArcToolbox environments.

Good luck,

Heath

Hi Heath,

Thank you SO much for your help! I did what you suggested and it worked!

Jill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->