Professional Mapping LLC

Professional Mapping LLC

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • No Country Selected

Evening, GIS Users!

I'm running into a bit of an issue with georeferencing using ArcGIS 9.1. ArcGIS 9.3.1 has spoiled me, as I use this version more than the other. Kinda funny how I first learned the program using 9.1, yet I can't seem to work around it. If anyone of you out there has some helpful links, articles, etc., that would be helpful when it comes to georeferencing in ArcGIS 9.1, I would gladly accept them. Any tutorial or a lesson sheet or whatnot would do. Just something to brush up on my 9.1 For those who may be wondering, 9.1 is the version that I own on my personal computer.

Thanks!

M.E.

Visit My Website
Read My Blogs
Follow ME on Twitter
Watch Me on YouTube
Connect with ME on LinkedIn

Sv_BG

Sv_BG

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Bulgaria

Is there any difference between the georeferencing tools in 9.1 and 9.3? :huh: I doubt.

Whatever, all you need is to read the available ArcGIS help :)

jbl

jbl

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • United States

It would be helpful if you could be specific about what you can do in v9.3 that you can"t do with v9.1.
I once googled and found some web pages at universities that explained it a little btter than the ESRI Tutorials and help files but I don't have those links now.

You need to have the Raster editing and Geoprocessing toolbars open.

You have to have a editable layer (point, polyline, polygon that corresponds to the image that you will be editing) open and in an edit session.

If your image has any colors but black & white it will not work.

If your image is just 2 colors, black and white, on the image layer select the image, Properties > Symbology and in the Show window select Classified, Classification-Classes = 2

The attached image shows the Raster editing and Geoprocessing toolbars as active with the current image.

If this is the type info you were looking for, I could offer more help but I need a better idea of what you are looking for

Attached Files

• Attached File  Geo.jpg   221.21KB   27 downloads

Professional Mapping LLC

Professional Mapping LLC

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • No Country Selected

Is there any difference between the georeferencing tools in 9.1 and 9.3? :huh: I doubt.

Whatever, all you need is to read the available ArcGIS help :)

What I do quite often in 9.3 is drawing a graphic and selecting the graphic to export the raster data so the georeferenced site plan that I want is basically clipped to take the shape and form of the graphic (usually a polygon) that I would draw. I can't seem to find that option in 9.3. I hope that wasn't confusing. It's early in the morning and I'm just now turning on my brain (haha).

Thanks for the response!

jbl

jbl

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • United States

I mis-spoke about the colors.
In strickly geoprocessing, to locate the image, color is OK.

If you plan to use ArcScan-Raster editing to trace the features, this is where the color/ B & W issue comes in.

jbl

Sv_BG

Sv_BG

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Bulgaria

http://www.columbia....eds/georef.html

http://webhelp.esri...._raster_dataset

http://adielflitzow9.../georectify.pdf

0 user(s) are reading this topic