7 replies to this topic

Claude

Claude

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • United States

Our HP DesignJet 5000 ps and HP DesignJet 5500 ps printers seem to be having some serious problems lately. Every couple weeks we end up having our service guy come out to fix something. Over the years, our 5000 ps has been great but our 5500 ps has been problematic. I am just wondering if people can speak up for the favorite plotters here and let me know if you have a plotter that you love so i can keep an eye out for that model. Also, my experience has been limited to HPs (starting with an old designjet 700 series), are there other brands out there that I should look at?
thanks
Claude
Platts, a div. of McGraw-Hill
www.maps.platts.com

eli

eli

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Canada

We got a second hand HP Designjet 4500 last year and it's pretty skookum. But, we rarely plot more than a dozen maps a week. It would be interesting to hear about other brands, I've only ever used HP.

s hubbard

s hubbard

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Altitude..Archery..Alaska..Appalachia..Apothecary..Asiana
  • United States

Our HP DesignJet 5000 ps and HP DesignJet 5500 ps printers seem to be having some serious problems lately. Every couple weeks we end up having our service guy come out to fix something. Over the years, our 5000 ps has been great but our 5500 ps has been problematic. I am just wondering if people can speak up for the favorite plotters here and let me know if you have a plotter that you love so i can keep an eye out for that model. Also, my experience has been limited to HPs (starting with an old designjet 700 series), are there other brands out there that I should look at?
thanks
Claude

i just got a Canon ipf 750. loooooovvvveee it.
i would recommend a canon over anything else. they have good deals right now too!
peace,
s hubbard
www.hubbardmapworks.com
2539'

intoMoCob

intoMoCob

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Running

We have just received our new plotter/copier. Does anyone have a set of plotdefs entries for this plotter? I figured I would ask first, rather than duplicate someone elses efforts. Thanks

Claude

Claude

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • United States

Thanks Eli. At least I now know that the 4500 is good and can add the word "skookum" to my vocabulary. Anyone out there use a Z6100ps for monster sized map files?
Platts, a div. of McGraw-Hill
www.maps.platts.com

bluewater

bluewater

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Canada

EPSON 9900 (42") and EPSON 7900 (24").

tom harrison

tom harrison

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • United States

I sold my plotter last year and did not bother to replace it. I now upload my files to FedEx Office and have them print black & white separations and color proofs. Faster, easier, cheaper.

Robert2009

Robert2009

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • United States

I sold my plotter last year and did not bother to replace it. I now upload my files to FedEx Office and have them print black & white separations and color proofs. Faster, easier, cheaper.

Cool. I hope to keep that post-it on my head about the FedEx Office. We have HP Plotter and sometimes it limits us to print some large paper size.

Robert

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)
-->