"The scope of this application is extending with each release," said Max Tardiveau, founder of Integrity Logic. "All our users have asked for more data layers, and we've made a big push in that direction."
A video of the application in action can be seen on Integrity Logic's web site.
Like its fifteen sister applications already covering eighteen states, Geograph WI contains a wide array of data layers which can be combined and moved in any desired way:
- geological map from the U.S. Geological Service
- public land ownership (local, state, federal)
- states outlines
- land elevation from NASA
- bathymetry for lake Superior and lake Michigan
- old faults and active faults
- almost 3,000 named features (summits, tunnels, cliffs, bridges, etc...)
- hydrologic units
- ecological regions from EPA
- county lines, USGS quadrangles
- UTM zones, township and range
- congressional districts
- urban areas, hydrological features
- cities, roads and railroad tracks
- active mines and quarries
- zip codes
- glacial boundary
- potassium/argon dates
- surficial material
- main aquifers
- over 6,000 mineral resource data points
This release introduces a number of additional layers, which can be downloaded from the application:
- state assembly districts with link to the representatives' web sites
- state senate districts with link to the senators' web sites
- almost 5,000 dams
- deer, turkey and bear management zones (useful for hunters)
- 12,000 geodetic points with link to National Geodetic Survey details
- elementary, secondary and unified school districts
- cities and villages with link to Census Bureau's statistics
- town and city limits
- Indian areas
- landmark points and areas
Geograph WI is a completely self-contained application, which does not require any Internet access. This is critical for anyone who needs access to this information when out of cellular range, in the field.
Geograph WI can use the iPhone's built-in GPS and the iPod's location service, and can also capture high-definitions maps, which can be retrieved from the device's photo album.
The application is available immediately in the Apple App Store and is priced at $4.99.
About Integrity Logic
Integrity Logic is a software and consulting services company founded in 2003.