Professional Mapping LLC

Professional Mapping LLC

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • No Country Selected

Hello, CartoTalk!

I've posted on here a few times before letting you all know about me and my GIS/mapping business. Now I'd like to hear from all of you! If you have any tips, advice, leads, etc., on what I can do to increase business, I would very much appreciate it. I have been moderately successful in landing clients but I'd really like to expand and get more (who wouldn't?). So please, browse through my links below and let me know what you think. I am looking forward to all of your input.

Thank you so much! Everyone on this site have been very kind and professional.

Take care,

M.E.

Professional Mapping, LLC Website
Professional Mapping, LLC Blog
Twitter Page
Facebook Business Page
YouTube Quick Commercial

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,805 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

I think Charles gave some good advice in your map gallery thread. Figure out who your target audience is and cater to them.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

Do a market study of your area & just for fun make into one big GIS project. You will find the results interesting if you select the right data such as industries, income levels, occupations, & education.

BTW I just checked your elance profile: what ever you do take this map sample off your portfolio:

http://www.elance.co...itemId=10181562
The thing is to start thinking clean corners.

And show better samples because I'm not impressed with your other samples either because your using too much Google or Virtual World.
"Abbas of novus versus"

Professional Mapping LLC

Professional Mapping LLC

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • No Country Selected

Do a market study of your area & just for fun make into one big GIS project. You will find the results interesting if you select the right data such as industries, income levels, occupations, & education.

Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it. I'll post on here in the future on how things go. Looks like I have already decided who my target is and have been contacting those people. I worked in this particular industry in the past as a GIS professional so I've made my 'sample maps' similar to the kind of maps that they look for.

Again, thanks!

Wish me luck.

Professional Mapping LLC

Professional Mapping LLC

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • No Country Selected

I think Charles gave some good advice in your map gallery thread. Figure out who your target audience is and cater to them.

Thank you, Hans. I'll head over to that right now.

Take care and thanks for your time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->