4 replies to this topic

KateA

KateA

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • United Kingdom

Hi All

I need to scale a large number of polygons. I'd like to be able to select them all then apply a scale BUT maintain the centre point of each of the polygons. Any ideas how to do this?

Thanks,
Kate

kay

kay

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Canada

Hi All

I need to scale a large number of polygons. I'd like to be able to select them all then apply a scale BUT maintain the centre point of each of the polygons. Any ideas how to do this?

Thanks,
Kate

Hello, Kate.
After selecting all the objects you would like to scale, try "Object > Transform > Transform Each". This will scale each of the objects at the centre of the each of the selected objects. I hope this works.

Cheers,
K

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

Note that you also need to ungroup them, and maybe release, if it is a compound path.
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

KateA

KateA

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • United Kingdom

Note that you also need to ungroup them, and maybe release, if it is a compound path.

Thanks both, I had not ungrouped. Now working for me.

Kate

kjmcgrath

kjmcgrath

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • United States

I know that in CS3 there is a (bug?) that will not allow individual scaling when using Transform Each for all objects in a layer. It can be fixed by selecting all but one of the objects Transforming Each to desired size then selecting the untransformed object and using Object>Transform Again. Possibly this has been fixed in CS4 and well known in CS3 but It was news to me so I thought I'd share.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->