2 replies to this topic

SBlumberg

SBlumberg

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • No Country Selected

I am currently working on a meter reader map book for a small city in Texas. This is what we have so far. I used ArcMap 9.3.1 with DS Map Book. I needed to sacrifice a little bit of quality in the export to be able to upload to this post. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Attached Files

Matthew Hampton

Matthew Hampton

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the mountains and rivers.
  • United States

Very nice job! This is going to be very helpful to the Meter Reader - if only you could add an "angry dog" icon for certain properties to forewarn the workers.

My only suggestions would be to see if you could very lightly add (and label) the Mapbook Grid on the Locator Map so you could quickly jump to the page you wanted to (label the grid by page number). You would still highlight grid that references the page you are on, but scale the rest of the grid back a little.

This way the Locator map would serve dual purposes as an Index map.

Oregon Metro - Portland, OR
www.oregonmetro.gov

Michael Karpovage

Michael Karpovage

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Making beautiful, functional maps
  • United States

Good job. I would suggest, from a functionality standpoint assuming this would help the meter readers, that you change the color of the road labels to have higher legibility. Right now the beige/yellow color actually blends in with the warm gray street color which in turn neutralizes the contrast of the label. The only thing saving the readability is the black drop shadow. I think if you went all black on the road labels they would pop really well. Or maybe at least change that current yellow to white.

And yes, adding an "Angry Dog" icon would be tops! :D

--
Michael Karpovage

• Savannah Historic District Illustrated Map
www.karpovagecreative.com/savannah

• Account Manager/Illustrator
Mapformation, LLC - Atlanta, GA office
www.mapformation.com

• Author of Map of Thieves
www.mapofthieves.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users