• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Andril

Andril

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Bulgaria

I'm not quite sure this is the place to open my first topic, but I hope that won't made you very mad.
First of all hi and thank you for spending time while reading this..

Now I'm having a magor problem since I've no idea how to transform an Airphoto of a city into map with streets, buildings and even trees!
Afraid to say it, but I'm not very good into working with Photoshop..
I'm using softwares as Ocad and PhotoMod. But still, for using them you're uploading the already existing map and just making some corrections on it.
While I'm facing creating a map using a picture for the first time. The pic of the village was taken in 1979. Now I have to decode the pic giving details about each and every building, the farmyards, fruit-trees, everything, using the conventional signs...
My deadline is aftertomorrow and I'm really into a dead-end street!
One member from CartographersGuild recommended me this forum so I'm hoping you'll be able to give me some advices!

Thank you very much in advance!
Greetings from Bulgaria,
Julia

Lui

Lui

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:Natural looking maps, hillshading, mountain cartography, LIDAR, TLS, data fusion, photogrammetry, singing, poetry, cycling
  • Slovenia

Why not stick with OCAD?
So you have to create a map from orthophoto or oblique images? If the last case then I would like to suggest export all images into Microsoft Photosynth and see if there are some results. But you should have a large number of photos that overlap each other. I did it once just for fun with some photos taken from helicopter and results are impressive. Hint: in Photosynth search for Flycom.
In the case of orthophoto you have to rely on your photo interpretation skills.

Good luck

Lui

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->