• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

BZero

BZero

Contributor

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • No Country Selected

Is there any freely available waterbody data out there besides the National Atlas (NHD)(2006) data? Specifically for Kansas I need.

sitesatlas

sitesatlas

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Spain

Is there any freely available waterbody data out there besides the National Atlas (NHD)(2006) data? Specifically for Kansas I need.

I know of a couple of sources. The high-resolution 2009 TIGER/Line data just came out. You can only download it on a county-by-county basis from the website, but if you're interested in one file for the whole state, I can make it for you (I've downloaded all 30 Gb). Another source would be the 90-m SRTM Waterbody Data (SWBD), which is divided into 1x1 degree tiles.
Michael Borop
World Sites Atlas
http://www.sitesatlas.com

BZero

BZero

Contributor

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • No Country Selected

I know of a couple of sources. The high-resolution 2009 TIGER/Line data just came out. You can only download it on a county-by-county basis from the website, but if you're interested in one file for the whole state, I can make it for you (I've downloaded all 30 Gb). Another source would be the 90-m SRTM Waterbody Data (SWBD), which is divided into 1x1 degree tiles.

Yeah I am interested in one file. But 30 gb. I just download two area hydrography county files from the census and they were ike 1.4mb each. How is it 30gb

Oh unless you mean all the US, which is more likely.

EDIT: actually I'll download them and merge them. I might need the specific county files anyway. Thanks for the info though. Still looking into the SRTM stuff now.

Edited by BZero, 06 November 2009 - 11:18 AM.

sitesatlas

sitesatlas

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Spain

Yeah, I meant 30 Gb for the entire dataset. If you do end up needing the merged file or you want to save yourself the hassle of working with all those counties, I can upload it to a URL on my website (specific counties can be selected within the file).
Michael Borop
World Sites Atlas
http://www.sitesatlas.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->