Oakland, CA November 6, 2009 -- Integrity Logic today announced the release
of Geology MT, the latest version of the GIS (Geographic Information System) for
the iPhone/iPod platform, covering the state of Montana.
This release focuses on the physical geography and geology of the Treasure state, and
contains 30 layers of information, which can be superimposed, mixed and
rearranged in any desired combination.
"We keep getting surprised by how these apps are used in the field," said Max Tardiveau,
founder of Integrity Logic. "We recently heard from a user who uses the wildfire layer
to hunt for mushrooms in Colorado. Apparently, morels grow best right after a fire."
Like its eleven sister applications already covering thirteen states,
Geology MT contains a wide array of data layers which can be
combined and moved in any desired way:
- geological map from the U.S. Geological Service
- public land ownership (local, state, federal)
- states outlines
- all 625 earthquakes in recorded history with a magnitude of 3.0 or above
- seismic risk
- fire history
- annual precipitation
- continental divide
- land elevation from NASA
- old faults and active faults
- almost 33,000 named features (summits, tunnels, cliffs, bridges, etc...)
- hydrologic units
- ecological regions from EPA
- county lines, USGS quadrangles
- UTM zones, township and range
- urban areas, hydrological features
- cities, roads and railroad tracks
- active mines and quarries
- zip codes
- glacial boundary
- over 800 available potassium/argon dates
- surficial material
- main aquifers
- over 10,000 mineral resource data points
Geology MT is a completely self-contained application, which does not require
any Internet access. This is critical for anyone who needs access to this
information when out of cellular range, in the field.
Geology MT can use the iPhone's built-in GPS and the iPod's location service, and can also capture
high-definitions maps, which can be retrieved from the device's photo album.
The application is available immediately in the Apple App Store and is
priced at $6.99.
About Integrity Logic
Integrity Logic is a software and consulting services company founded in 2003.
iPhone Geographic Information System (GIS) application released for Montana
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users