• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Mapping and GIS <br />
  • Spain

Hi,

World map about GEO-BLogs

http://geoblogwm.blogspot.com/

Hello

Yes, you are right, I´m creator of the map.

:( I´m Sorry if you are upset for my note. I link the blog instead of a direct link to the image to provide more information. My intention was to present a map. A world map about density of blogs that talk about mapping. The map attempts to answer the question "From where geo-blogs speak? Where are the geo-blog?.

I wanted to build a constructive conversation on the map. I think the results, though preliminary, are curious and they can serve to open a fruitful discussion.

:huh: In no time I wanted to present the project, or blog that supports it in this forum. Considering that to be the author of it, this fact could be understood as self-promotion or advertising malicious. the map is a preliminary result of this project, carried out with great effort and non-profit, you can find CC license of map in it.

The project is make a public directory of geo-blogs in the word for facilitate their study. You can find more answer to this project in F.A.Q section or you can contact me in cartografia20 at gmail

Thanks for the warning.

Edited by carto20, 02 November 2009 - 07:52 PM.

I edit a blog 'world maps' in spanish in which I analyze the cartographic interesting times we've had the fortune to live. Enjoy!.

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,312 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

I don't really get what it is about... Another thing - when you present your own blog/resource here, please disclose that you are behind it, and your involvement in it! Thanks.
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

orbemapa

orbemapa

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Spain

Hello

Yes, you are right, I´m creator of the map.

:( I´m Sorry if you are upset for my note. I link the blog instead of a direct link to the image to provide more information. My intention was to present a map. A world map about density of blogs that talk about mapping. The map attempts to answer the question "From where geo-blogs speak? Where are the geo-blog?.

I wanted to build a constructive conversation on the map. I think the results, though preliminary, are curious and they can serve to open a fruitful discussion.

:huh: In no time I wanted to present the project, or blog that supports it in this forum. Considering that to be the author of it, this fact could be understood as self-promotion or advertising malicious. the map is a preliminary result of this project, carried out with great effort and non-profit, you can find CC license of map in it.

The project is make a public directory of geo-blogs in the word for facilitate their study. You can find more answer to this project in F.A.Q section or you can contact me in cartografia20 at gmail

Thanks for the warning.
I edit a blog 'world maps' in spanish in which I analyze the cartographic interesting times we've had the fortune to live. Enjoy!.

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Well, if you can post an image of the map in the Map Gallery, we can have the discussion there.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

orbemapa

orbemapa

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Spain

Posted Image

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,312 posts
  • Sweden

Just a note - I was not upset, sorry if you got it that way - I just wanted to point out that it is better to be clear - self-promotion is ok here, but just try to be open about it!
Hugo Ahlenius
Twitter

DaveB

DaveB

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • United States

I wonder how much that map correlates with internet usage in general, with other cartographic activities such as universities with cartography programs or cartography-related businesses, or other demographic factors?
Dave Barnes
Esri
Product Engineer
Map Geek

orbemapa

orbemapa

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Spain

True, it has also been a surprise to me. Visually, the resulting map geoblogs density has a great similarity with the maps of internet use. You can find a list of blogs that have become part of the analysis here.

I believe that the synthesis of actors you propose is very complete. Perhaps a zoom by continent reflect more clearly the cause of these patterns and allow association with stakeholders. One question, is the hypothesis you propose is that the geo-sensor blogs where knowledge resides geomatics?. I think a very interesting idea force.

Jorge del Río
www.orbemapa.com

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,312 posts
  • Sweden

I wonder what it will like like with just points. I think you are extending the hotspots too far, one can see that into the sea - can't be any resources coming from there - so I assume that you create some kind of interpolation over the land areas as well. The spot in Africa and in Indonesia - do they represent one resource, or several?
Hugo Ahlenius
Twitter

orbemapa

orbemapa

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Spain

Hello Frax

:D very good, sea don´t make up geoblog!

thanks for the comment. I made a serious forgetfulness, when I have not cut the interpolation in the line of coast. The fascination of the image obtained, through interpolation, makes me forget important details.

Where are the points?, Is an interesting view. Interpolation has a price, though I had never focused so. The man disappears, there is only the collective. The interpolation strategy seems the BORG from star trek: 'Data will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. " ;)

orbemapa

orbemapa

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Spain

Sorry

Africa and in Indonesia represent one

you can see original data here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->