cartobendigo

cartobendigo

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Australia

Hi CartoTalk,

As some of you may know the International Cartographic Association are holding their bi-annual conference in Santiago, Chile (Nov 16th-21st).

For more information visit www.icc2009.cl

I was wondering if any other members of CartoTalk were attending? If so I would love to catch up during the conference and introduce myself.

If you are attending and would like to meet up then please don't hesitate to contact me at damien.demaj@demap.com.au

Regards,
Damien Demaj
www.demap.com.au
Damien Demaj
www.demap.com.au

Matthew Hampton

Matthew Hampton

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the mountains and rivers.
  • United States

I'm not too sure how many Cartotalker's made the trip to Chile this year, but I am curious to know how it's going?

Is there anything interesting to report? It looks like a rather large conference with quite a few interesting sessions.

co-cartographic creator of boringmaps.com

Anthony Robinson

Anthony Robinson

Former Editor, CartoTalk

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Cartographic Design, Geographic Visualization, Interface Design, Evaluation, Health Geographics, Crisis Management, Visual Analytics
  • United States

I attended the ICA this year in Santiago - in general I thought it was a very good meeting, certainly way more organized than the last one was in Moscow. My impression is that attendance was good too.

I think the quality of the talks has improved as well. Many sessions had full audiences.

The ICA is always fun for me because it's pretty much the only regular opportunity I have to meet cartographers from around the world. It's primarily an academic crowd, so it's not as diverse as something like NACIS where the mix between private sector and academics is greater.

One of my favorite things about ICA is the map exhibition, which is always fantastic. It's really neat to see maps from Iran, Ukraine, etc... and there are always tables covered in Atlases from around the world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->