• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

razornole

razornole

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Cartography, Down-river canoeing, Backpacking, Cross country biking, Geomorphology, Ornithology, Ecology, Quaternary, and last but first; drinking beer on the beach.
  • United States

Does anyone know how to merge attributes quickly in ArcMap 9.3?

I have a road polyline layer where there are ~100 segments that constitute US 29. I would like these 100 segments to be one segment US 29.

Currently I am selecting by attributes and using the editor to merge. This works fine, but I have a lot of roads that I need to merge. I really don't want to do this manually.

Thanks,
kru
"Ah, to see the world with the eyes of the gods is geography--to know cities and tribes, mountains and rivers, earth and sea, this is our gift."
Strabo 22AD

jrat

jrat

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • United States

would using a dissolve based on your street name field work for you? in the data management tools>generalization>dissolve

razornole

razornole

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Cartography, Down-river canoeing, Backpacking, Cross country biking, Geomorphology, Ornithology, Ecology, Quaternary, and last but first; drinking beer on the beach.
  • United States

would using a dissolve based on your street name field work for you? in the data management tools>generalization>dissolve

That did it. Thought it would be simple, but I couldn't remember.

Thanks a lot,

kru
"Ah, to see the world with the eyes of the gods is geography--to know cities and tribes, mountains and rivers, earth and sea, this is our gift."
Strabo 22AD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->