dav

dav

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Germany

Hi,

I'd like to create a distance table for a shp point layer as shown here: http://webhelp.esri....ance_(Analysis)

unfortunately the arcGIS license at my university doesn't contain this function. do you know a free program which can perform this function? or do you know other programs, which are able to "visualize" the distances between points?
this would be really great.

thanks,

dav

Fran├žois Goulet

Fran├žois Goulet

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, History, Graphic Design and almost everything else...
  • Canada

Hi,

I'd like to create a distance table for a shp point layer as shown here: http://webhelp.esri....ance_(Analysis)

unfortunately the arcGIS license at my university doesn't contain this function. do you know a free program which can perform this function? or do you know other programs, which are able to "visualize" the distances between points?
this would be really great.

thanks,

dav

Try Hawth's Tools for ArcGIS. The Distance Between Points Tool seems to be what you need...

dav

dav

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Germany

thank you, will try.

radek

radek

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Switzerland

dav[/quote]

Try Hawth's Tools for ArcGIS. The Distance Between Points Tool seems to be what you need...
[/quote]

Hawth's Tools are also available in free quantum gis package as an extension..

Darren Cope

Darren Cope

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Canada

thank you, will try.

I would try QGIS (Free, Open Source) and the "Distance Matrix" function found under Tools.

Also, GRASS (easiest to use under QGIS, installed via OSGEO4W) may do this for you as well.

dav

dav

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Germany

thank you, i haven't known that qgis has this function. just used it, and it worked fine, thanks. usually I work with gvSIG but there was a problem wie the function in SEXTANTE for my data.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->