5 replies to this topic

ac_geographer

ac_geographer

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • United States

All that read this please visit www.GISHowTo.com on December 1, 2009 for my official launch date of my website. I will be offering a collection of tutorials that I have written and from others as well. It will range from written tutorials with images to YouTube Videos.

I hope this site will be helpful for all levels of GIS professionals and students. Please pass the word to others. Thanks.

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

You should let us know what GIS packages are the lessons covering: Manifold? ArcGIS? MapInfo?

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

MapMedia

MapMedia

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • United States

All that read this please visit www.GISHowTo.com on December 1, 2009 for my official launch date of my website. I will be offering a collection of tutorials that I have written and from others as well. It will range from written tutorials with images to YouTube Videos.

I hope this site will be helpful for all levels of GIS professionals and students. Please pass the word to others. Thanks.

This would be good to post on the News section, especially on Dec. 1st. Yes, more information would be helpful.

Robert2009

Robert2009

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • United States

How about those who are hearing impaired who would like to know what is being said ? Perhaps adding subtitles or closed captioned ? If not, maybe a trasncript ?

Thought I would give you a suggest.

Robert

ac_geographer

ac_geographer

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • United States

How about those who are hearing impaired who would like to know what is being said ? Perhaps adding subtitles or closed captioned ? If not, maybe a trasncript ?

Thought I would give you a suggest.

Robert

Thank you for your feedback. My tutorials so far I have written have images to accompany the text. I also will be creating videos myself and will incorporate closed caption. I will try to transcribe the video tutorials I get from the web and make suggestions to contributors to add closed caption.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

ac_geographer

ac_geographer

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • United States

You should let us know what GIS packages are the lessons covering: Manifold? ArcGIS? MapInfo?

The GIS packages will be mainly ArcGIS since this is the only license I have. I will and do have Manifold GIS, GRASS GIS, MapInfo, and Global Mapper, tutorials too. My website will be free to anyone. I want to put the best of my knowledge and the best of others in one place. I will put together an outline of features that will be presented on the website.

Thank you for your feedback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->