- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Martin Palou

Martin Palou

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Argentina

Ok, so I was wondering if it is possible to copy different pictures taken from google earth and then paste them all together in one big file and make an aeronautical chart out of it. Then I´d like to print it on a specific scale, say 1:50,000.

The reason for this is that in this part of the world the only aeronautical chart available to pilots dates from 1986 and it´s horrendously outdated. I fly a J3 cub (google it if you dont know it) and as you may have noted there are no navigation instrumentation in it other than a magnetic compass. Navigation is carried out visually and a detailed up-to-date chart would certainly be very helpful.

All the labels I need are already on google earth or I could just simply add them and take the picture with the desired lable, I just need to know how can I put together all the pictures and print them at an accurate scale.

Thank you and pardon the english.

Edited by Martin Palou, 02 October 2009 - 01:21 PM.

François Goulet

François Goulet

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, History, Graphic Design and almost everything else...
  • Canada

Ok, so I was wondering if it is possible to copy different pictures taken from google earth and then paste them all together in one big file and make an aeronautical chart out of it. Then I´d like to print it on a specific scale, say 1:50,000.

The reason for this is that in this part of the world the only aeronautical chart available to pilots dates from 1986 and it´s horrendously outdated. I fly a J3 cub (google it if you dont know it) and as you may have noted there are no navigation instrumentation in it other than a magnetic compass. Navigation is carried out visually and a detailed up-to-date chart would certainly be very helpful.

All the labels I need are already on google earth or I could just simply add them and take the picture with the desired lable, I just need to know how can I put together all the pictures and print them at an accurate scale.

Thank you and pardon the english.

Hi Martin!

There's always a graphic scale at the bottom of each image exported from Google Earth. I'd export all the tiles I need and make my mosaic in Photoshop or another graphic applications and then use the graphic scale to change the image size to an appropriate scale... but only for personal use because there's use limitations with Google Earth image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->