Amy Cohen

Amy Cohen

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • United States

Hello!

My name is Amy. I recently learned about CartoTalk through NACIS. After browsing through the discussions and the map gallery, I was impressed by the amount of (very well-organized) information and the overall friendliness of the members. I look forward to learning more about you!

A bit about me: I'm a recent graduate from the University of Miami, where I received my Master's degree in Geography. My graduate studies focused on wetland applications of Synthetic Aperture Radar and interactive web mapping techniques. I'm currently an intern with the Everglades Foundation, a non-profit environmental organization based in Palmetto Bay, Florida. I work on a variety of GIS and mapping projects. I live in Miami at the moment, but I'll be moving (driving!) to the Sacramento area this winter. Also, I'm very excited to be attending my first NACIS conference this October.

Be well,

Amy

www.amy-cohen.com

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Hi Amy, and welcome to Cartotalk. You'll be meeting a lot of us at NACIS next week.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

François Goulet

François Goulet

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, History, Graphic Design and almost everything else...
  • Canada

Welcome!

I just discover your blog. I added it to my daily list! :)

MapMedia

MapMedia

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • United States

Hi Amy - Welcome!

Aha - so it IS you! I was wondering who posted the Hurricane Hanna map, then saw your intro and said - must be someone from Miami lol
I live outside Sacramento and can tell you this is a cool place. I think your GIS background and map creativity will take you far!

Amy Cohen

Amy Cohen

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • United States

Hi Amy - Welcome!

Aha - so it IS you! I was wondering who posted the Hurricane Hanna map, then saw your intro and said - must be someone from Miami lol
I live outside Sacramento and can tell you this is a cool place. I think your GIS background and map creativity will take you far!

Thanks! Yes, Miami has definitely had a big influence on my work. The town I'm moving to is Wilton. I'm looking forward to the change of scenery (and weather)!

Amy Cohen

Amy Cohen

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • United States

Welcome!

I just discover your blog. I added it to my daily list! :)

Thanks, François! I checked out your website. The gallery in the Portfolio section is very nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->